KINGSLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Ind. School District No. 2137
Spring Valley & Wykoff, MN
District web site: www.kingsland.k12.mn.us
Kingsland Mission Statement
KINGSLAND SCHOOLS : BUILDING A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE. IN KINGSLAND STUDENTS COME FIRST. ALL STUDENTS WILL LEARN AND SUCCEED.
• The Kingsland Public Schools was created in 1992 through the combined efforts and vision of two distinct communities, Spring Valley and Wykoff. The newly formed district is committed to providing a quality educational experience for each student
• The school district currently enrolls approximately 700 students in grades kindergarten through twelve
• Newly constructed and remodeled facilities, including state of the art science classrooms and labs
• Kingsland Elementary School houses students’ preschool through grade three in the city of Spring Valley. We offer gifted and talented education, computer education, a variety of special education services, and Title I instruction in the subjects of math and reading. We take pride in providing excellent opportunities for our students and offer a caring, nurturing, and challenging environment for our young elementary students.
• Kingsland Intermediate School is located in Wykoff and has students in grades four through six. A full range of departmentalized courses and extra-curricular activities are offered. All math and science classes for grades four through six are taught by teachers specially licensed in these areas. In addition to the base curriculum, students are offered advanced classes as well as experiential classes, band and choir.
• Member of the Rochester Area Math Science Partnership (IBM/Mayo Clinic sponsored)
• Active involvement in Continuous Improvement Plan.
• Active Parent/Teacher Association (PTA)
• Community Education provides classes for adults on everything from drying flowers to computer literacy. The Kingsland communities also realize the importance of education for the youngest residents as it has a strong Early Childhood Family Education and pre-school program.
Jr./Sr. High School – “Building a Tradition of Excellence”
• Kingsland High School is Spring Valley, which houses students in grade 7-12, is strong both in academics and leadership. The educational program is offered in an Extended Block format. A diverse course offering is available to students. These courses feature strong academic courses blended with career relevancy in an interdisciplinary approach.
• Technology is integrated K-12 with support from a Math/Science Partnership with Mayo Clinic and IBM. School information is broadcast over KING 11, our local cable access channel. The high school has a fully equipped production studio on-site.
• Basic Standard Test Scores are consistently at or above state averages.
• Basic Standards Writing Test one of only four districts that had 100% passing rate in 2003-04.
• 1995, 2002 Class AA State Football Champion and 2003 Runner Up
• State Cross Country, Track and Wrestling Participants
• Active FFA, Key Club, National Honor Society, Math Masters, Mock Trial, Spelling Bee, Student Council and other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
• All buildings in the district are fully networked
• Multiple security cameras installed in buildings
• District is fully networked, including voice over IP (VOIP) telephones in every classroom
• SMART Board technology in all math and science classrooms, plus other classrooms
• Student computer labs
• Online mathematics and reading resources, AIMSweb, Study Island and Accelerated Reader
• OET I-TV/Internet II access
• Online Parent Access (JMC) to view student grades, attendance and lunch balances
• Personalized teacher website for all faculty
• Online school e-store
• Web-based School Calendar that is kept current and up-to-date. The calendar can be personalized to email users notices of when events are scheduled or changes are made.
• Tech Support Team, consisting of a coordinator, assistant coordinator and student Tech
The citizens, staff, and board members of Kingsland Public Schools have worked diligently, together, “Building A Tradition of Excellence”.