KINGSLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Independent School District No. 2137
705 North Section Avenue
Spring Valley, MN 55975
District web site: www.kingsland.k12.mn.us
Kingsland Mission Statement
KINGSLAND SCHOOLS : WHERE SUCCESS BEGINS.
• Kingsland Public Schools was created in 1992 through the combined efforts and vision of two distinct communities, Spring Valley and Wykoff. The newly formed district is committed to providing a quality educational experience for each student
• The school district currently enrolls approximately 600 students in grades K-12
• Newly constructed and remodeled facilities, including state of the art science classrooms and labs.
• Kingsland houses students’ preschool through grade twelve. Kingsland Elementary offers Action 100 Reading, computer education, Project Lead the Way - Gateway, a variety of special education services, and Title I instruction in the subjects of math and reading. We take pride in providing excellent opportunities for our students and offer a caring, nurturing, and challenging environment for our young elementary students.
• A diverse course offering is available to students in grades seven through twelve. These courses feature strong academic classes blended with career relevancy in an interdisciplinary approach. Our College in the Schools program gives students the opportunity to receive college credits while still attending high school at no charge to the student. Students have the opportunity to receive their AA degree at the same time they graduate high school.
• Member of STEM Forward (IBM/Mayo Clinic sponsored)
• Active involvement in Continuous Improvement Plan.
• Active Parent/Teacher Group - Kingsland School Parents (KSP)
• Community Education provides classes for adults on everything from drying flowers to computer literacy. The Kingsland communities also realize the importance of education for the youngest residents as it has a strong Early Childhood Family Education and preschool program.
• Technology is integrated K-12 with support from a Math/Science Partnership with Mayo Clinic and IBM. Kingsland provides 1-1 computers for students.
• Project Lead The Way (PLTW)
• Ramp Up to Readiness
• 1995, 2002 Class AA State Football Champion and 2003 Runner Up
• State Cross Country, Track and Wrestling Participants
• Active FFA, Key Club, National Honor Society, Math Masters, HOSA, First Robotics, Drama, Spelling Bee, Student Council and other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
• All buildings in the district are fully networked
• Multiple security cameras installed in buildings
• District is fully networked, including voice over IP (VOIP) telephones in every classroom
• SMART Board technology in all math and science classrooms, plus other classrooms
• Student computer labs
• Online mathematics and reading resources
• OET I-TV/Internet II access
• Online Parent Access (Infinite Campus) to view student grades, attendance and lunch balances
• Personalized teacher website for all faculty
• Online school e-store
• Web-based School Calendar that is kept current and up-to-date. The calendar can be personalized to email users notices of when events are scheduled or changes are made.
• Tech Support Team, consisting of a coordinator, assistant coordinator and student Tech
The citizens, staff, and board members of Kingsland Public Schools have worked diligently, together, to provide a place "Where Success Begins."